Lower Elementary Assistant Teacher
At Columbus Montessori Education Center (CMEC) we are deeply committed to creating a setting that reflects the world around us because we know that’s how students build perspective, creativity, bold ideas, and bolder solutions. For 38 years we have been a standard-bearer of quality programming in our community. We serve a diverse community of learners 6 weeks to 6th grade who go on to change the world in ways big and small.
At Columbus Montessori Education Center we are deeply committed to creating a setting that reflects the world around us, because we know that’s how students build perspective, creativity, bold ideas, and bolder solutions. We are looking for a dynamic teacher to join our committed and talented elementary team for the 2022 – 2023 school year. We are a career employer; a school where you can do what you went to school to do – teach!
Qualifications and Skills:
- Montessori Credential in Elementary I (6 – 9) preferred and/or state teaching license
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in Montessori instructional principles, methods and techniques and/or other relevant lower elementary teaching experience
- Ability to effectively teach to a wide range of students’ academic needs, interests, varying abilities and dispositions
- Ability to provide culturally responsive classroom management that treats children with unconditional positive regard
- Ability to develop positive, trusting relationships with families
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Willingness to embrace a spirit of continuous improvement
- Highly competitive salary based education and experience
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid professional development, holidays, school closure days and additional paid time off
- Professional and rewarding work environment