Montessori Children’s House - Assistant Teacher
At Columbus Montessori Education Center (CMEC) we are deeply committed to creating a setting that reflects the world around us because we know that’s how students build perspective, creativity, bold ideas, and bolder solutions. For 38 years we have been a standard-bearer of quality programming in our community. We serve a diverse community of learners 6 weeks to 6th grade who go on to change the world in ways big and small.
We are a career employer. You will join a committed and highly qualified team. This is a 12-month, full-day position with an immediate start date. Our classrooms have a maximum of 24 students with at least one Montessori credentialed teacher and/or a teacher intern. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: creating a nurturing and prepared learning environment; planning individualized learning experiences across all areas of development to strengthen the outcomes of all assigned students; collaborating with families to foster long-term success.
- CDA, AA or Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education preferred
- Direct experience teaching children ages 3 – 6.
- Experience serving a diverse community
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Flexible and adaptable
- Willingness to embrace a spirit of continuous improvement
- Highly competitive salary based education and experience
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid professional development, holidays, school closure days and additional paid time off
- Professional and rewarding work environment